Key features of our Professional Development Workshops
- Run by VIT-certified presenters with years of science education experience.
- Aligned with Victorian Curriculum.
- Demonstrates how inexpensive and easy-to-obtain materials can be used in the classroom.
- Conducted in a typical classroom setting with access to an interactive whiteboard.
- The guiding Power Point presentation is available to the school and each year level receives a resource booklet.
The workshop begins with an overview of science from the Australian/Victorian Curriculum showcasing the common aims for all levels. The bulk of the workshop involves teachers working cooperatively on practical activities related to specific science concepts; discussing ideas and clarifying uncertainties. During these times the presenter is available to discuss individual questions.
Your professional development program can cover one of the following themes:
- Physical Sciences: force, movement, light, sound, heat, energy and electricity
- Chemical Sciences: properties of materials, states of matter, physical and chemical change.
- Earth and Space Sciences: Solar System, changes caused by movement of the Earth and moon, changes in the atmosphere and on the Earth’s surface.
- STEM: Materials, construction, and design process.
See our prices for program costs.
“I like the fact that simple things can be used in Physical Sciences”
-Yr 5 teacher. Hillcrest Christian College
“The workshop provided new ideas and hands on activities to make learning fun and everyone can participate and be engaged.”
– Prep teacher. Ringwood Nth PS
“I loved it- Thank you. Your knowledge and engaging presentation style were terrific.”
– Year 5/6 teacher. Richmond PS