Theme: Design & Technology – Materials
Level: Foundation – 2
Students will investigate the properties of different materials used in bubble making.
- Create and observe bubbles in different liquids.
- Investigate different ways to make bubbles: blowing, waving, shaking, squeezing.
- Investigate and test which objects are best for bubble making.
- Test a variety of materials for suitability as a bubble wand.
- Explore ways to combine materials to make larger bubbles.
- Compare hemispherical bubbles on different flat surfaces.
- Identify the materials used in our homemade lava lamp, observe the motion of the bubbles and explain how it works.
Other Design & Technology: Materials Incursions
Other Foundation – 2 Incursions
- Using Our Senses (Foundation)
- Chemical Change (Foundation – 2)
- Wonderful World of Materials (Foundation)
- Materials & Mixing (Levels 1 & 2)
- Bubble Chemistry (Foundation – 2)
- How Objects Move (Foundation – 2)
- Light & Sound (Levels 1 & 2)
- Weather (Foundation – 2)
- Water as a Resource (Level 2)
- Minibeasts (Foundation – 2)
- Life Cycles (Foundation – 4)
- Science & Technology of Toys (Foundation – 2)
- Transport (Foundation – 2)
- Building & Construction (Foundation – 4)
- Sound & Music (Levels 1 & 2)