Theme: Science – Biological Sciences
Level: 3 – 6
Students will investigate the importance and diversity of living things. They will set up a variety of mini greenhouses to further explore the affects of environmental conditions on plant growth.
- Discuss the differences between living and nonliving things.
- Discuss diagrams of plant needs, nutrient cycles and food webs.
- Match plant samples to a variety of different biomes.
- (Levels 5-6) Examine a selection of soil types and match to Australian biomes.
- Use thick and thin materials to model capillary action in plants.
- Observe and discuss a demonstration of transpiration that can be easily extended in a school environment.
- Make mini greenhouses to use for further testing of environmental conditions and the importance of biodiversity.
- Test how people can aid water conservation in desert regions.
Surcharge of $40 per day applies to all Biological Science topics.
Other Science: Biological Sciences Incursions
Other Level 3 – 6 Incursions
- Inventions: Sustainability (Levels 3 – 6)
- Being a Forensic Scientist (Levels 5 & 6)
- Solids & Liquids (Levels 3 & 4)
- Natural & Processed Materials (Levels 3 & 4)
- Solids, Liquids & Gases (Levels 5 & 6)
- Reactive Chemistry (Levels 5 & 6)
- Heat & Energy (Levels 3 & 4)
- Force & Motion (Levels 3 & 4)
- Light (Levels 5 & 6)
- Electricity (Levels 5 & 6)
- Earth, Moon & Sun (Levels 3 & 4)
- Our Changing Earth (Levels 3 & 4)
- Earth in Space (Levels 5 & 6)
- Natural Disasters (Levels 5 & 6)
- Life Cycles (Foundation – 4)
- Simple Machines (Levels 3 – 6)
- Puppets (Levels 3 & 4)
- Engineering (Levels 5 & 6)
- Energy (Levels 5 & 6)
- Christmas SciTech (All levels)
- Building & Construction (Foundation – 4)