Theme: Science – Biological Sciences
Level: Foundation – 2
Through simple experiments, students will learn about the role and behaviour of animals in our environment. They will study and classify our specimens, and make a mini worm farm.
- Discuss classification of living things.
- Sort animal models into various groups.
- Examine and sort preserved specimens based on different characteristics.
- Understand why some of our specimens need to be dead for classroom use (e.g. safety and practicality).
- Be part of a drama, using our senses to feel what it is like to have too many feet or just one foot.
- Classify preserved specimens based on scientific categories.
- Use proper handling techniques to remove worms from the soil.
- Compare different types of worms.
- Test worms’ behaviour towards light.
- Make a mini worm farm for future life cycle study.
Surcharge of $40 per day applies to all Biological Science topics.
Other Science: Biological Sciences Incursions
Other Foundation – Level 2 Incursions
- Using Our Senses (Foundation)
- Chemical Change (Foundation – 2)
- Wonderful World of Materials (Foundation)
- Materials & Mixing (Levels 1 & 2)
- Bubble Chemistry (Foundation – 2)
- How Objects Move (Foundation – 2)
- Light & Sound (Levels 1 & 2)
- Weather (Foundation – 2)
- Water as a Resource (Level 2)
- Life Cycles (Foundation – 4)
- Science & Technology of Toys (Foundation – 2)
- Transport (Foundation – 2)
- Christmas SciTech (All levels)
- Building & Construction (Foundation – 4)
- Sound & Music (Levels 1 & 2)
- Bubble Technology (Foundation – 2)