Theme: Science as a Human Endeavour
Students will be engaged in a variety of experiments to understand the purpose of their senses and how they work.
- Identity the 5 senses and demonstrate connections to the brain and how damage affects senses.
- Use a magnifying glass to see how the eye works.
- Use a variety of glasses to experience eye problems.
- Make a take-home toy to trick your eyes.
- Use blindfolds to understand the use of different senses when one is missing.
- Test the sensitivity of feeling and hearing and relate this to keeping safe.
- Experiment with sound vibrations.
- Use an electronic device to change the sound of your voice.
- Identify a variety of smells and discuss differences.
Other Science as a Human Endeavour Incursions
Other Foundation Level Incursions
- Chemical Change (Foundation – 2)
- Wonderful World of Materials (Foundation)
- Bubble Chemistry (Foundation – 2)
- How Objects Move (Foundation – 2)
- Weather (Foundation – 2)
- Minibeasts (Foundation – 2)
- Life Cycles (Foundation – 4)
- Science & Technology of Toys (Foundation – 2)
- Transport (Foundation – 2)
- Christmas SciTech (All levels)
- Building & Construction (Foundation – 4)
- Bubble Technology (Foundation – 2)