Due to this unprecedented situation, Hands on Science is waiving the usual admin and cancellation fees for bookings affected by COVID-19.
Hands On Science incursions provide a personal teaching service just for your grade. Teachers are required to help with the supervision of sessions and encouraged to participate for their own professional development.
Session times and costs
Session times are flexible to suit your school timetable.
- Minimum booking per day is two hours (1*).
- Standard session times are 1.5 hours.
- Special science days by negotiation.
- Special needs schools by negotiation.
Student numbers can be averaged over total number of sessions per booking.
(less than or equal
to 25 per session)
Per Head Rate
(26 to 30
- Biological Sciences incur a surcharge of $40 per day.
- Outer regions incur time and travel costs.
- Multiple topics per day incur a surcharge.
Changes to booking contracts incur a $20 admin fee.
Cancellations <4 weeks from a given booking date attract a 50% booking fee.
Due to the high demand for our programs cancellations <2 weeks from a given booking date will be invoiced at the full booking rate.
Reasons for admin fees:
- Held date/s prevent other bookings
- Staff must be compensated for loss of income
- Preparation time for kits/equipment
- Administration time